The Helping Hands Foundation was created in 2013 with the goal of helping Long Island reach its potential. Tony Gentile, one of the founding fathers of Adventureland, always wanted to give back to the Long Island community, and this foundation was created in his memory to do just that.
Thanks to the tireless efforts of our supporters, we have raised over $1,000,000 for Long Island! We are thrilled have reached this milestone and to be able to give back to the communities that have made Adventureland a part of their lives for over 60 years! Here’s how we give back to Long Island since 2013:
- $200,000+ in scholarships awarded through the Vivian and Tony Gentile Scholarship Program
- $100,000+ in grants and monetary donations to Long Island nonprofits
- $70,000+ in funds and food donated to the Town of Babylon Food Pantry and Island Harvest
- $60,000+ in supplies donated to local schools and through our Clear the List program supporting Long Island teachers
- $50,000 pledged to JDRF of Long Island awarded in 2019
- $50,000 pledged to the Good Samaritan Hospital’s Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit awarded in 2022
- $25,000 in scholarships award to St. Dominic High School in 2019
- $25,000 in PPE Equipment donated to local hospitals in 2020
- $20,000 pledged to Stony Brook Child Life Program in 2016
- $17,000 donated through our bottle recycling program—we’ve recycled over 350,000 bottle to date
- $12,500 in Christmas gifts purchased for over 120 children through the Town of Babylon Christmas Angels Program
You can help support our foundation by donating here, purchasing a brick here, or sponsoring our annual VIP Night. If you are interested in partnering with Adventureland’s Helping Hands Foundation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.